Senior Operations / Logistics Manager
Full Time, Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Senior Operations/ Logistics Manager, based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. The successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of both internal and external production supplies in accordance with customer delivery requirements. This role will also be responsible for all delivery related customer communication, the receipt of customer orders and demand planning.
* Maintain inventory within budgetary constraints, by monitoring stock levels & production demand and by reviewing materials.
* Maintain and monitor supplier delivery performance.
* Build, with Sales, a reliable SAP Business Warehouse forward forecast.
* Identify short term priorities based on customer needs.
* Understand problems, initiate long term structured improvement projects and ensuring their timely delivery. Review discrepancies and driving continuous improvement.
* Manage and initiate specific improvement projects.
Employee Management and Development
* Maintain discipline in the department
* Lead the team in a profession, open, firm yet positive manner displaying consistency, honesty & integrity at all times.
* Ensure that recruitment, induction and employment policies are applied in all aspects of the department’s day to day operation.
* Ensure discipline is applied in a fair & consistent manner within the department
* At the request of HR, assist with investigation, disciplinary and grievance hearings both within your department and externally to ensure a consistent and fair approach throughout the business.
* Contribute to the Training Strategy in relation to the development of staff enabling them to meet targets.
* Develop and manage ways of monitoring training and development activities, linking this to the task analysis components.
* Ensure that all new employees are inducted into the department effectively, paying particular attention to Health & Safety / Hygiene requirements.
* Manage employee development reviews and assessments as required by the awarding bodies and ensure that any development needs identified through the process are met.
* This list is not exhaustive
* Experience in the Automotive Industry
* Educated to degree level.
* Supervisory experience is essential especially in people management and continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques would be an advantage
* Ability to make rational decisions while under pressure.
* Project Management experience.
* Knowledge of APQP preferable.
* Familiarity with turbochargers and/or engines is advantageous.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
Apply Now with an up to date CV for consideration
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.