Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Hopkins Concrete are recruiting in the South West and this could be the ideal role for you.
Joining our team as a Senior Transport Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
As our ideal Senior Transport Manager, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Financial awareness
- Motivation & calm disposition
- Ability to work under pressure
- People management
- Lateral thinking
- Communication/ Interpersonal
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as our Senior Transport Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Efficient & safe management of Fleet & driver requirements including all statutory O licence requirements, drivers hours management and maintenance of all statutory vehicle records
- Manage induction, training and development plans, briefings for all drivers
- Ensure all drivers are suitably trained, including Driver CPC requirements and customer service training
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and serviced in line with regulation and guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring all documents are up to date and appropriately recorded and filed to ensure regulations are fully met
- Ensure fleet is right sized to regular foretasted demand
- Identify and implement Transport Safety Improvement Plans
- Undertake H&S investigations as required
- To drive performance improvements within your Area of responsibility and share best practice across the business.
- Management of all people issues within the team including Absence Management, Training Plans, learning and development, Performance Management.
- Effective management, coaching and development of all direct reports and drive full employee engagement.
- Talent and Succession plans are up to date and in place
- Proactively manage communication with all Operational staff to ensure company announcements and information is distributed and understood.
- Proactively manages their own their team's CPD.
- Financially accountable for the cost effective running of the fleet.
- Prepare fully costed business cases for the future maintenance and development of the fleet.
Hopkins Concrete, is a subsidiary of Tarmac , at Tarmac our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We're looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
If you feel you have the skills required to excel in the role of Senior Transport Manager, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.