Were looking for a Senior Transport Manager to ensure all legal, operational and maintenance requirements are met in respect of the Operator’s Licence and mixed fleet operation.
• each operating centre under your control is managed in accordance with all provisions of the relevant Operators Licence and Amey Group policies and procedures;
• all vehicular operations are carried out in accordance with United Kingdom (UK) and European Union (EU) laws and regulations and Amey Group policies / procedures;
• accurate document recording and safe storage obligations are adhered to;
• all vehicles are fitted with the required safety equipment, conspicuity markings, tachograph and / or speed limiters appropriate to the vehicle classification and use;
• all drivers hold a relevant and current drivers’ licence(s) including driver card (if required) which are checked through a robust driver licence validity checking process, with checks being carried out at minimum six monthly interval and in accordance with Amey Group policies and procedures;
• Ensure DCPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Compentence) requirements and approate training is in place
• maintenance of the licence holder’s vehicles and any trailers is completed, including the inspection of vehicles and any trailers at the appropriate time with the action taken to timely remedy all identified defects together with the appropriate recording of these incidents;
• driver’s daily checks and drivers log are correctly completed and the reporting / recording of vehicle defects and incidents by drivers is carried out at all times and ensure (where appropriate) vehicles are declared “Vehicle off Road” (VoR);
• legislation relating to safe and permissible loading, transportation, identification of dangerous goods and goods in a prohibited or non-approved means of containment is enforced at all times;
• event planning is completed (wall planners to be clearly visible at local sites) in order to monitor, progress and complete all required statutory events / checks (vehicular and ancillary equipment);
• driver’s hours / time limits are monitored and enforced locally to ensure compliance with EU hours / time limits (analogue or digital tachographs) or Domestic hours / time limits as appropriate;
• all relevant vehicles display current RFL together with legislatively required licencing and plating certification at all times; and Operator Licence disc (if required).
• assistance is given to all relevant parties in the resolution of vehicular accident management related incidents;
• vehicular related Health, Safety and Environmental policies / objectives are implemented and achieved and you act as an ambassador of best practice in these areas;
• assistance in the resolution of traffic offences and support in the subsequent investigation, training and behavioural rectification as required;
• identification and reporting of risks, issues and opportunities to senior management;
• performance and safety targets are monitored and reported to senior management as required.
• Drive operational improvements through assisting / leading audits and inspections – internally (contracts) and externally (Supply Chain)
• Vehicle allocation / key management
• Together with the local contract help develop and assist in the implementation of a Vehicle Husbandry Plan (VHP)
• Organising relevant work box talks and training in order to ensure staff are aware of Fleet Management needs and legislation changes.
• The Transport Manager must be in possession of a current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in either one of “National Road Haulage Operations” or “National Passenger Transport Operations” (as appropriate).
• Full, clean UK Class 1 driving licence
• Qualification is lower than Transport Manager CPC
• 5 years relevant operational experience in the Logistic or Transportation Industry
• Strong organisational and numeracy
• Ability to think logically and analytically
• Flexible and able to make decisions quickly and effectively
• Effective and flexible verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of vehicular maintenance / engineering and knowledge of a Workshop/ Body-shop environment
• Computer literate
• Customer focused
• Accepts ownership and accountability
• Flexible and able to work with and effectively contribute to achievement of all team objectives
• Good communication skills.
• Good planning and organisational skills with a focus on health, safety and environmental best practice.
• Focussed on making improvements and maximising opportunities.
• Plans and programs tasks and resources effectively and efficiently to ensure optimum standards and quality are consistently maintained.
• Problem solving and solution development
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.