Are you a Logistics Manager wanting a new exciting challenge?
Have you got strong Project Management and leadership skills?
Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Sourcing & Logistics Manager will develop and implement sourcing and logistics strategies to appraise and improve our sourcing activities, logistics efficiency, develop and negotiate supplier partnerships and framework agreements and ensure that we are using the best in class products and service delivery tools.
Understanding and leading the whole supply chain is key to driving economies of scale and in doing so reduce group 3rd party spend, execute cost reduction plans to meet or exceed annual budget objectives and own the supplier relationships including negotiations, business awards, contracting, risk mitigation, and problem resolution.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership and develop the logistics/ inventory/materials team/stock handling/value added processes to achieve both effective and efficient stock control management and on time supply of goods to customers and field engineering teams. You will also be responsible for:
* Liaising between outsourced service providers, manufacturers, technology partners and the divisional business units and internal departments.
* Reviewing, negotiating and agreeing framework agreements, contracts and monitoring agreed KPIs, ensuring the quality of third party products and services provided by suppliers is of the highest standard.
* Generating and implementing efficient sourcing management strategies across the divisional business units.
* Analysing and calculating both indirect and direct cost across the division and developing strategies to reduce break even cost.
* Managing and planning warehouse resources and systems to ensure accurate and on-time delivery service to our customers and field engineering teams.
* Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve stock accuracy and increase stock turnaround time.
* Management of Goods in/out, the accurate receipt and locating stock, inventory and warehouse layout, and control of stock including rotation.
* Review/remove/report obsolete or damaged stock and report financial impact.
* Liaise and support with divisional heads to agree service level agreements, technology requirements, sourcing and logistics processes.
* Research and anticipate shifts in negotiating power of suppliers.
* Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
* Estimate risks and opportunities and apply risk minimising and opportunity maximising techniques.
* Identify and partner trustworthy suppliers, visiting existing suppliers and developing relationships.
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products in terms of value, delivery schedules quality and latest technologies.
* Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs and supply risks.
* Utilise electronic tendering processes where deemed appropriate to drive cost efficiency.
* Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet business needs.
* To maximise supplier rebates.
* Assist free cash flow through the management of supplier payment terms.
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Ensure the use of automated IT systems for pricing, logistics and stock control and ensure that systems are kept up to date with latest supplier prices.
* To accelerate placement of purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of equipment and services.
Company Vehicle & Fuel Card or Car Allowance. - Bonus Scheme - Laptop and Mobile Phone - Birthday Holiday (Following successful probation review) - Pension Scheme, - Life Insurance. - On Site Parking and Close to Public Transport.
Manufacturers | Sourcing | Suppliers | Cost Analysis | Tendering | Systems | Management | Stock | Research | Reporting | Forecasting | IT
* Experience of consolidating sourcing strategies across a growing group.
* Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
* Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
* Strong project management and leadership skills.
* Ability to build and sustain networking relationships.
* Confident with figures, collecting, analysing, interpreting and reporting data.
* Strong IT skills e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, etc.
* CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) or BSc in supply chain management / business administration/ logistics qualification is preferred.
* Technical knowledge of products in the Fire life Safety and Security industry.
From initial design, supply and installation, through to ongoing maintenance and monitoring, we maintain the capability to help prevent, detect and monitor your fire and security risks. Through our ongoing commitment to Compliance and Best Practice we ensure that you receive a world class service. To provide you with total Peace of Mind we maintain the highest accreditations available to our industry including NSI NACOSS Gold, NSI Fire Gold, BAFE and NSI ARC Gold. Whether you are a national blue chip company dedicated to protecting your staff, a local entrepreneur looking for innovation or a homeowner looking to protect your family, we have the right solution for you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.