Stores / Logistics Manager
Hours Monday to Friday days
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with our client who are a UK leading company that specialise in the design and construction of concrete products.
• Take responsibility for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optismisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project.
• Mange the movement of people, goods and equipment within the Sores Department and control site facilities management.
• Ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics actives in support of the build program.
• Embrace a delivery- focused culture and organised resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved.
• Work closely with the buying team
• Check all incoming goods against delivery note
• Put stock away in the correct location in stores
• Ensure adequate levels of stock of all main spare parts
• Ensure stores is kept neat, tidy and organised
• Packing consignments ready for dispatch
• Keep accurate record of any items leaving the site
• Assist with loading and unloading of equipment
• Liaising with other departments and suppliers to provide excellent service with regards to construction operations department.
• Operating forklift
• Must have experience of working in a similar role in a related industry; construction equipment and heavy plant.
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Forklift desirable but not essential
* Manage and develop stock control systems
• Have sufficient strength and agility to perform lifting and manual handling
• Computer literacy in Microsoft office packages: Outlook, Word etc
• Be organised and able to use own initiative
* Manage and control staff rotas and departmental HR Issues
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.