Fantastic opportunity for a Temporary Risk and Compliance Manager looking to develop and broaden existing experience. Following the creation of Rural and Commercial Holdings Limited as a holding business for Rural Insurance Group Limited and One Commercial Limited, we have created a centralised Risk and Compliance team and are looking for an experienced Risk and Compliance manager to join our team.
The role of the Temporary Risk and Compliance Manager is to assist the Head of Risk and Compliance to proactively manage and ensure that the business and its clients trade in a fully compliant manner without exposure to regulatory complaint or censure. In addition to effectively drive a culture that ensures adherence to the Business risk appetite, procedures, systems and controls, in accordance with regulatory and governance standards for the FCA and other major regulatory bodies. Along with managing and delivering the Risk Business Plan. Maintaining proactive and adding value relationships with the Business stakeholders and Senior Management Team is paramount.
This exciting role as a Temporary Risk and Compliance Manager is based out of our modern Head Office in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with occasional travel to our One Commercial office in Leeds on a business needs requirement.
This opportunity is a temporary position for a duration of 3 months, and will suit someone looking to build on existing experience, perhaps looking for a new challenge. Depending on experience we are offering a salary of £30,000 to £40,000. The role will be full time, Monday to Friday.
We also have free onsite parking and a train station which is just 5 minutes’ walk from the office, with a direct train route covering Leeds, Burley Park, Headingly, Horsforth and Pannal. Our offices are newly refurbished and boast a vibrant look and feel, with an open plan design. Situated perfectly within the Hornbeam Business Park in Harrogate, offering vast eatery options and just 10 minutes’ drive from Harrogate City Centre.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent attention to detail, combined with strong IT skills. Previous experience in Risk and Compliance is an absolute must-have however we are open to applications from outside of financial services.
Key responsibilities as a Temporary Risk and Compliance Manager include:
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance.
- Manage a detailed review of existing practices and procedures across RCH.
- Be the regulatory expert for the business providing proportionate, risk based guidance and leadership.
- Assist the Business in fully understanding the requirements of the FCA and other regulatory bodies, managing the guidance and advice process to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the business is up to date with FCA regulations, industry best practice, legislative and regulatory developments, proactively developing systems and controls within the business.
- Drive, innovate and manage the implementation of agreed Policies and Plans, ensuring these are delivered within plan timescales and proactively manage the development of ongoing improvement measures to current compliance policies and procedures.
- Identify and manage risks in line with the Risk Register, taking appropriate steps to minimise and mitigate such risks. Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Promote and manage the profile and Business benefits to be gained from risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Undertake special investigations and detailed ‘root cause analysis’ as required (particularly following systemic procedure failures).
This is an exciting, extremely varied role which will provide a wealth of experience for the right candidate
Don’t Delay Apply Today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.