Temporary Warehouse / Logistics Manager – Immediate start!
Salary circa £13 per hour (£27k equivalent)
Based in Southwood, Farnborough
Monday to Friday 08:30am – 5:30pm (some flexibility will be required at times)
Are you an experienced logistics / warehouse manager looking for a new challenge? Perhaps you’re in between contracts and are looking for an interesting role in the meantime? If you’re interested in technology that would be a bonus too!
Our client has a need for an experienced logistics / warehouse manager to join them for an ongoing temporary assignment. We’re looking for candidates with warehouse management / logistics experience, management experience including monitoring performance and assigning workloads, as well good administration skills.
This is an all-round role that will require the successful candidate to be able to react quickly to a changing environment and organise their team to carry out tasks to strict deadlines. This is a small team in a friendly and vibrant company.
* Managing and arranging the logistics activities to meet the business needs. Working with project managers to schedule deliveries in a timely manner
* Work with suppliers and arrange logistic activities for the business
* Checking shipping lists and preparing shipments ahead of time;
* Liaising and reporting back to project managers regarding to goods to be shipped.
* Working with vendors to establish logistics inbound plans, confirmation of delivery dates and creating inbound delivery schedules.
* Receiving and checking deliveries
* Managing and issuing other warehouse staff members daily workload
* Managing the delivered goods into the allocated warehouse locations
* Administration / processing of paperwork / keeping warehouse areas clean
* Previous experience in a warehouse management / logistics management role is essential
* Team management experience
* Ability to think and work independently to meet necessary deadlines.
* Ability to multitask with good oral and written communication skills
* Strong organisation skills
* PC proficient with strong and proven experience in Windows environment - Word, Excel, and Outlook
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.