Are you an experienced Transport & Logistics Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge ?
Maybe you have experience in the world of entertainment such as music, catering or festival industries and are looking for a new opportunity.
Or alternatively, your an experienced Transport & Logistics Manager fed up working within the constraints of a standard transport operation and looking for the opportunity to work in a unusual and unique operation, providing solutions to fluid situations in a live operation ?
Business and Operation
The operation tours from May to September, traveling across 12 different sites spread from Gloucestershire to London. With up to 60 staff and 40 vehicles the position of Logistics and Transport Manager is integral to the operational efficiency of the business.
Adapting to working in a busy and sometimes highly pressured environment outside of a normal business setting are key to being able to succeed in this role.
To take full responsibility for all Transport and Logistics
* Fleet Management, including repairs, MOT, licensing and insurance. Including Wagons (show, accommodation, shops, kitchen and box office)
* Organising the ordering of any materials, goods and provisions deemed necessary for sites.
* Manage site moves from Ground to Ground, needing time overnight of site during season.
* Essential experience includes:
* Ideally experience in moveable site environment, e.g. Festival or Circus
* Computer literacy, excellent administration and reporting skills
* Knowledge of Health and Safety Standards
* Ensure compliance with transport and licence legislation
* Experience of managing staff
* Ability to work under pressure, whilst remaining patient and calm when dealing with customers and colleagues
* Preparing business reports including statistical analysis and inventory reports
* HGV licence essential
* Hands on mechanic knowledge
Gap Professional is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.