GBR Recruitment Ltd are recruiting for an experienced Logistics Manager / Transport Manager to take ownership of all 3rd party courier activity & performance levels focused on JIT / OTIF performance levels, driving innovative ways of working to achieve delivery & collection targets.
You will be a professional Logistics Manager or Transport Manager focused on delivering a world class service to all customers, possessing a relentless desire to deliver industry leading performance, successfully achieving 100% OTIF or as close to it as humanly possible.
* Daily interaction with 3PL providers & Account Managers focused on JIT collections / OTIF deliveries to the end using customer ensuring exceptional customer service
* Designing and implementing performance Transport / Logistics improvement strategy, gaining buy in from both internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
* Build and manage a team of logistics / transport co-ordinators, ensuring effective operational coverage 7 days per week (24/7 operation)
* Identifying transport & logistics performance trends and taking action where problems are identified in meeting orders or delivering OTIF / JIT
* Developing logistics / transport risk mitigation strategies to reduce the impact of adverse weather, scheduled road closures etc, developing and implementing an effective plan B.
* Compile and present weekly logistics / transport reports (KPI’s & MI Reports) to both internal and external stakeholders
* Attending key stakeholders meetings both on and off site
* Standing in for the Head of Logistics where and when required
* Troubleshooting when transport or logistics problems arise, delivering an alternative solution to meet the customers or suppliers needs
* Managing all logistical / transportation / courier processes associated with the successful fulfilment of orders (eg. Pallet reworking, product collection scheduling, loading schedules etc)
* Taking ownership of all invoice reconciliations
* Ensuring courier compliance for both general and food-safety specific requirements
* Looking at CI, LEAN solutions wherever possible to continue developing the service offering from the logistics / transport teams
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Time served Logistics Manager or Transport Manager managing 3PL provisions (managing suppliers of these services as Transport is outsourced, managing the collection / delivery process in regular contact with the 3PL suppliers)
* Extensive Logistics experience primarily Transport Operations (liaising with 3PL’s & couriers)
* Have experience working with & managing suppliers of 3PL’s solutions (specifically final mile solutions)
* Have experience in managing supplier relationships ensuring on time / JIT collections for delivery to customers UK wide
* Exceptional Transport Planning skills
* Strong Excel spreadsheet skills (intermediate level – Vlookups /pivot tables / formulas etc)
* Process & people centric individual that is driven with exceptional attention to detail
* Be flexible growing into the role to best meet the changing needs of a growing company (24/7 operation with exceptionally busy peaks)
* A keen interest in final mile technological innovations
* Food Transport / Logistics experience or FMCG or other fast-moving JIT environments
* Focused on OTIF perfection
33 Days Holidays, plus a fantastic extensive benefits package on offer to all company employees
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.