About the role
As the Transport & Logistics Manager you’ll be responsible for safely and effectively manage our fleet, any external providers and overall budget. You’ll identify risks, issues and opportunities and implement innovative solutions and techniques to improve Logistics delivery. This role will work closely with the Regional Operations Directors and Branch Managers, utilizing data to create and drive efficiencies by applying volumetric methodologies to the packing and transportation of our products.
Whilst direct management responsibility for drivers and warehouse/yard colleagues lies with each Branch Manager, you will work with the Branch Managers and Regional Operations Directors to drive exceptional customer service within the regions.
* Ensure that defects raised during vehicle checks are completed and all accidents/damage reported daily, to yourself via the Branch Manager
* Experience of a route optimisation software package would be advantageous.
* Ensures Health & Safety, Environmental and Operator’s Licence compliance
* Compile reports on driver performance, vehicle performance, fuel and maintenance costs periodically using information gathered and stored.
* Ensure the Branch Teams pay fines/penalties promptly and that correct administrative procedures are undertaken to ensure legal and internal procedural compliance
* Proven experience managing in the transport & logistics industry
* CPC licence holder with an excellent knowledge of the latest Transport Legislation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience of working within a multi-site organization
* Proven track record of delivering measurable and sustainable improvements to the transport operations of an organization
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
* pension plan
* holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
* staff discount
* profit share
* company car
Wolseley Infrastructure has been simplified into four core markets – civils, utilities, power & fibre and hire, comprising of 36 strategically located branches across the UK.
Individually we offer highly specialised products supported by people with expert knowledge and experience. Collectively we provide a broader and more in-depth range of services for our customers.
* To serve the civils market we have Burdens Civils and MPS Civils
* For utilities it’s Fusion Utilities
* For power and fibre, we have Utility Power Systems and Utility Fibre Systems
* For hire it’s MCA-Fusion Hire & Repair
Wolseley Infrastructure, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.