Our client is now looking to recruit a Transport Manager, to take over with the day to day transport and operations of their fleet.
They are a growing business with a small fleet, and so this person will be able to multi task duties and also work closely with the operations team to ensure order and delivery times are met.
- Liaise with Sales Support teams to deliver the most cost-effective vehicle and driver availability schedule and deliver customer service KPI's
- Planning daily vehicle routes incorporating adherence to vehicle weight capabilities and drivers’ hours etc. Accountable for all activities carried out personally and by the Drivers, including driver debriefs and training.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all by behaving in a way consistent with safe working and proactively challenge colleagues if they are putting themselves or others at risk
- Management of safety / environmental incidents, including road traffic collisions, ensuring all events are reported, recorded, investigated and concluded.
- Liaise with the insurance company for any changes of details and ensure all legal routine vehicle examinations are books in ensuring the fleet is compliant at all times.
- Applicants will have a National CPC or the willingness to undertake and attain this professional qualification and be named on the relevant O Licence
- A full UK driving licence and ideally a HGV 1 licence
- Ideally educated to A level standard
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH General Certificate is desired
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership ability and good written and verbal communication skills
- Good basic PC skills and an understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good administration and organisational skills
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.