• To support the site General Manager in the efficient and cost effective management of all transport operations
• As part of the site management team, play a proactive role in the development of site/divisional initiatives
• Managing all day-to-day operational aspects of the transport operation at Andover, including: human resource management, operational planning, routing, scheduling and compliance with transport legislation
• Collects, analyses and evaluates performance data and prepares appropriate reports, financial projections and strategic and operational recommendations
Area of Responsibility: Transport Operations Management
• The management of all transport operations on a daily, period and annual basis
• Manages and oversees administration of all transportation-related assets, to include health & safety, security, fuelling and maintenance
• Participates in operational planning
• Participate in developing appropriate transport policies and procedures in response to operational and legal requirements
• Participates in the development and achievement of operational goals and KPIs and implements processes and procedures to improve operations
• Analyses and evaluates effectiveness and cost efficiency of transport operations, proposing both short and long-term plans for correcting deficiencies and enhancing service and operation
• Participates in the strategic and operational planning for the department
• Managing and maintaining the operator license, ensuring all requirements are fulfilled
• Ensures that all vehicles are maintained and fully compliant with current legislation at all times
• Ensures that work schedules are such that they are fully compliant with all relevant legislation
• The management of warehouse operations during their shift on a daily, period and annual basis and to ensure that the warehouse team meets their output targets through the effective management of warehouse operatives
• Ensuring that the warehouse operation conforms to all budgetary, service, security, stock integrity, health and safety and other legal requirements during their shift
• Contribute to and support plans to improve quality of operations
• Achievement of customer service targets for warehouse operations during their shift
• To meet service targets in a cost effective and timely manner during their shift
Area of Responsibility: Budgetary Control
• Input to the budget process
• To help minimise labour costs, both fixed and variable ensuring that overtime and agency costs are managed within budget
• To ensure that equipment cost is minimised by effective control of usage and maintenance
• Labour cost and other financial reports
• Stock loss both within the RSC and through the delivery cycle
• CI initiatives, to constantly review the warehouse operation, creating and supporting new ways of working
• Identify areas of potential savings or loss against the RSC budget and highlight as part of the budgetary process
Should you be interested in the above role, we would be very interested in hearing from you today. Please call us on (Apply online only).
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a good number of the UK’s leading logistics companies.
People are the most important part of any business – and we are no different. At Aligra we only recruit recruitment consultants who show the right blend of professionalism, passion and commitment whose work ethic matches our 'Whatever it Takes' approach. Our team will always do what it takes to fulfil the Aligra ambition.
While we work across industries, we specialise in recruitment and talent management for the Accountancy & Finance, Professional & Executive, Automotive and Transport & Logistics sectors.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Aligra Personnel Limited, who are a recruitment business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.