Transport Manager, Distribution Manager, Transport Supervisor.
Job title: Transport Manager.
Salary: £30K - £32K DOE.
Contract: Permanent, full time.
Industry: Fresh Produce Distributor.
Acorn Recruitment is currently searching for an experienced Transport Manager to join our client based in Liverpool.
Main duties include:
- O licence holder for the depot.
- Achieve the transport objective and continuously improve the customer service offer.
- Oversee the daily running of the Transport Department, ensuring customer requirements are met and that systems are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with the Warehouse / night-shift Manager to ensure the smooth running of distribution operations.
- Manage the driver workforce to ensure the efficient use of vehicles and other resources.
- Ensure efficient dispatch of vehicles and complete driver de-briefs.
- Maintain the vehicle fleet in good working order, whilst adhering to all current legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all Transport and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Maximise the efficiency of the Transport Function.
- Report to and liaise closely with the Senior Management Team.
- International CPC qualification - previous experience of being an O licence holder.
- Previous experience working for a food distribution company.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible with hours of work - early shifts are required.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.