The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, Transport Manager for a waste management company based in Carmarthen. They are offering a salary of up to £35,000 + company benefits.
They are a successful and well known waste management service.
As Transport Manager you will be working in a fast paced busy environment. The role will require you to manage drivers and vehicles in accordance with the day-to-day requirements of the company, dealing with transport and some operational issues to ensure the business follows DVSA guidelines.
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Debriefing drivers
• Assisting Transport Planners and Operation Managers
• Ensure that the drivers comply with hours, speed limits, overloading and tachograph laws
• Downloading digital tachographs
• Manage completion of driver compliance
• Driver training/inductions
• Driver assessments/audits
• Ensuring all targets are met within deadlines, without compromising safety or quality
• Ensure all staff understand and carry out their duties
To apply for the position of Transport Manager, you must have already had management responsibility for running a busy transport operation, with again a key focus on recycling/waste management.
• National CPC license
• 3 years' experience in Transportation Management
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good knowledge of transport and health and safety law
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Industry experience within waste management – desirable
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £35,000 + company benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in Carmarthen area it is commutable from:
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at (url removed) for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.