Transport Manager, Compliance Manager, Transport Operations Manager.
Job title: Transport Manager.
Salary: £35K - £45K DOE.
Contract: Permanent, full time.
Acorn Recruitment is currently searching for an experienced Transport Manager to join our client based in Lancaster.
This role has recently been created due to continued expansion, therefore the successful candidate must be a strong team manager with extensive experience of overseeing a large FMCG transport operation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Effectively organise and manage a team of planners, drivers and vehicles.
• Be first point of contact for any problems that might arise – requirement expert communication skills.
• Develop customer relationships, dealing with queries and complaints calmly and decisively.
• Be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure Company compliance.
• Investigating and interviewing post incident and / or accident reports.
• Possess knowledge and understanding of budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls.
• Manage staffing levels effectively.
• Ensure Rotas effectively resourced to minimise RDW and overtime payments.
• Ensure cost effective planning maximising commercial return.
• Support the Driver Trainer and Compliance / Health and Safety Manager.
• Be safety conscious with a full knowledge of transport operations and vehicles.
• To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required.
• Previous experience working within a Transport Management role, for a large FMCG company.
• CPC qualified.
• NEBOSH or IOSH qualified.
• Strong and effective team management skills.
If you’re interested in working for a fantastic, growing company who offer excellent company benefits, then please apply online today.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.