M1 Recruitment are looking for a Transport Manager for our client in the Lancaster area.
You will need to ensure smooth operation of the daily collection and delivery of goods and to do so in a way that ensures maximum efficiency within the respective fleet, including to plan, direct and coordinate the transportation operations or the activities ensuring on time deliveries.
Working hours are 5 days out 7 for 45 hours a week, flexibility is also essential to ensure you meet the demands of the business. The successful candidates needs to have excellent communication skills, have good transport network knowledge, strong organisational attributes and be happy working in a practical environment.
• You will be responsible for maximising efficiency of the sites fleet and liaising with clients with regards to ensuring cost effective deliveries.
• To have a proven track record in the logistics and transport industry with experience in road traffic management.
• You will need an in-date CPC.
• To ensure that all vehicles are in road worthy conditions and compliance checks are completed.
• To manage employed and agency drivers to ensure that all drivers are working in line with working time regulations and to report all driver infringements.
• To ensure that the operation meets its targets.
• To arrange vehicle maintenance, MOTs and tax payments.
If interested in this role please send your CV and cover letter
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.