My client, based in the Worcestershire area, is looking to recruit a Transport Manager on a Permanent basis.
This position is due to my clients continued growth so they require an experienced Transport Manager to be responsible for the wide fleet of vehicles that they operate.
The main responsibilities for this role include
- Maintaining vehicle Records including vehicle defects, maintaining insurance, road tax and repair history
- Ensure vehicle maintenance, carry out regular inspections and arrange repairs as required
- ensure drivers comply with hours and Tachograph rules
- Ensure drivers hold appropriate entitlement for the relevant vehicles they are driving
- Monitor staff, working hours and overtime on a weekly basis
- Manage Holidays and absence as required
- Ensure vehicles are not overloaded
- Ensure vehicles are kept at authorised operating centres when not in use
- Ensure relevant changes are notified in accordance with operator licence requirements
- Ensure communication channels are strong between management, drivers and warehouse staff
As a suitable candidate you will have the following
- previous experience in a similar role
- a knowledge of Tachograph rules
- ideally hold a heavy goods licence
- strong communication skills
- good IT skills
The hours are Mon-Fri (Apply online only) with alternative Saturdays (Apply online only). The salary is negotiable dependent on relevant experience.
Transport Manager, tachograph, drivers hours, compliance, heavy goods licence, vehicle inspection
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.