Main duties include:
- Managing a team of 15 drivers and 2 office staff ensuring all allocation of duties, monitoring staff levels, appraisals, KPI's etc.
- Routing deliveries to ensure efficiency is maximised across the fleet
- Liaise with 3rd party couriers as and when needed
- Carry out scheduled vehicle checks and rectify defects immediately
- Provide management reports weekly
- Update knowledge of all transport legislation and ensure the business stays compliant
- Investigate any accidents and liaise with relevant insurers
- Any other relevant transport related tasks
- Making sure all drivers stay compliant
- Direct reporting to OPS manager
- Ensure our significant traffic operation runs smoothly, accurately and cost effectively 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Maintain and promote company policies and values and create an environment which encourages team participation and ensures quality service at all times
- Ensure all legal regulations are met to ensure that it does not affect the company’s ability to carry out its business
- Seek cost savings against budget where appropriate and manage yard activities in order to achieve the required high standards in all areas
- Develop positive relationships with other members of the Management team and colleagues to promote a fun, fair and rewarding culture
Skills and Essentials
- Transportation experience is essential
- Knowledge of transport legislative requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
- Good analytical and numerical skills
Hours and Salary
-Working 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday only
-Salary £30,000 p/a
-Company bonus on performance
About you –
- Have strong people management skills, leading by example, engaging with colleagues at all levels, and have experience in managing a team of 15+.
- Demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels including handling difficult situations.
- Possess a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations and ensure that ‘O’ Licence requirements are adhered to and have a full UK driving licence
You may have experience in any of the following: Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Distribution Manager, Fleet Manager, Fleet Management, Operations Manager, Fleet Operations Manager, etc
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.