As a Transport Manager you will provide and manage a safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective delivery and collection service for the Company and our Customers. You will manage a team of Drivers and Transport Coordinators to ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction at all times.
* Lead, coach and motivate a team of Drivers and Transport Coordinators to ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided.
* Review and manage performance and development needs of Drivers and Transport Coordinators on a regular basis
* Promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations, to ensure the delivery of an effective transport service
* Plan, organise and manage the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the requirements of the business and our customers
* Be pro-active in developing operational improvements, focusing on cost reductions and customer satisfaction, and embrace any changes that are implemented with a positive attitude
* Promote and ensure compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation (eg Tachograph, Towing, ADR regulations)
* Ensure that Transport/O licence audit processes and procedures are completed in line with legislation
* Ensure the vehicle fleet is effectively utilised by managing Jobs per Vehicle, PDA usage and gate times to exceed company transport performance targets
* Ensure the vehicle fleet is well maintained along with holding accurate documentation and records
* Manage costs efficiently ensuring they stay in line with budgets
* Ensure compliance with all systems, procedures and processes
* Represent the company and values (“HSSness”) of the business and portray a professional and businesslike image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
* Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front
* Ensure all locations and company vehicles are maintained to our 360◦ brand.
* Carry out other tasks and duties as required
* Transport/Logistics experience in a fast paced environment
* Experience leading a team
* Strong communication skills
* Driving licence essential
* Excellent organisational skills
* Previous experience of managing budgets or cost control
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations within a transport environment
* Knowledge of the tool and plant industry
Equality and Diversity
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.