DISTRIBUTION MANAGER - HARLOW
Come and join the number one food service company in the country....
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
An opportunity has arisen to become a key part of the Senior Management Team based at our Distribution Centre in Harlow. As the Distribution Manager, you will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the distribution operation as well as supporting the overall requirements of the site.
Managing a large fleet of LGV's and staff across a large geographical area, this demanding but exciting role requires the successful applicant to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast paced transport operational environment and able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of transport legislation and its application within a multi drop operation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Ultimate responsibility for all day to day distribution operations
• Successful integration of new business
• Ensuring high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
• Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
• Recruitment, retention and training of the distribution team
• Responsible for delivering against agreed budgets and KPI's
• Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
• Management of service contractors
• Supporting the site for management of site facilities
• Review existing operations to drive performance improvement Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Significant experience running a large distribution team and fleet
• Experience of managing service contracts
• A CPC holder
• Strong team player
• Proven leadership abilities
• Proven passion for customer service
• Good PC/System Skills The Business
Employing over 7,000 people, the group supplies a diverse customer base, which includes independent pubs, restaurants, hotels, schools, hospitals, contract caterers and well-known national chains.
Brakes Group has developed a clear customer focus and a strong understanding of the needs of the foodservice sector providing innovative products and services and is committed to improving both the environment and the communities it serves.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.