Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager.
Job title: Transport Manager
Salary: £28K - £35K DOE
Location: Lancashire area
Contract: Permanent, full time
Industry: General Haulage
Acorn Recruitment is currently searching for an experienced Transport Manager to join our General Haulage client based in the Lancashire area.
Working closely with the Directors, the main purpose of this role is to ensure the companies Transport department is fully compliant in line with legislation, along with managing the transport operations budgets and costs. The successful candidate will need to be a strong people manager who has experience of developing a team.
• Managing a fleet of vehicles along with a team of Transport Planners and Drivers
• Ensuring development and training of your team
• Coordinating driver and vehicle checks, adhering to compliance and legislation at all times
• Management of third party providers
• Having regular communication with customers to ensure SLAs are being met
• Dealing with any complaints or queries that arise
• Generating reports relating to the department's budgets and costs
• CPC holder
• General haulage and pallet network experience
• Previous experience of working within a Transport Management role, overseeing a medium sized team
• Experience of transport planning and routing systems
If you are interested in the role described above, and you fit the criteria mentioned, then please apply online today.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.