MacAndrews has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager who will need to travel as and when required (UK and European regions. You will work on a full time permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary + Benefits.
As part of CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group, MacAndrews is the oldest shipping company in Europe and a leader in door-to-door, multimodal transport services in Europe. With 36 offices in 16 countries, MacAndrews is a specialist in container transport on short-sea routes and an expert in handling temperature controlled cargo. Its network connects Northern and Central Europe with the Iberian Peninsula, the Canary Islands and Morocco.
As our Transport Manager you will work closely with the General Manager – Shortsea Logistics, to lead and drive improvements in relation to the quality and productivity of operations within the Transport department. This role will require the Manager to plan, execute and manage provisions of the transport resource in accordance to a workable UK Business strategy. To ensure non-conformance issues are resolved in a timely & cost effective manner whilst delivering a high level service to the Customer Service departments.
Main Responsibilities of our Transport Manager:
- Ensure department achieves recognised levels of productivity in relation to operational functions and meets customer satisfaction.
- Guarantee Transport Orders are completed by the team within a timely manner.
- Review productivity on the team and align with appropriate headcount and team structure.
- Ensure operations are run within KPI parameters and develop/maintain relevant KPI reporting tools.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal systems and services as well as legislation & maritime regulations.
- Perform appraisals/review meetings with Team Leader and ensure there team member(s) are engaged within the business with relevant training and development, objectives and career development plans in place.
- Ensure all appraisals/review meetings take place for all Transport department via Team Leader.
- Develop inter-departmental communication and work with the Senior Management team.
- Develop close links with Head Office, Overseas Agencies, Suppliers and Customers.
- Attend regular off site meetings with suppliers for service review and provide relevant updates.
- Produce Ad-Hoc reporting and carry out investigations for Senior Management.
- Regular review of processes and procedures and implementation of improvement strategies.
- Develop team members to meet agreed objectives and support them with their career aspirations. This would form part of an ongoing talent management and succession strategy.
- Effectively communicate change and other business updates to the organisation.
Our Transport Manager will need the following Skills and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE/A Level or equivalent - Minimum of grade C in English and Mathematics
- Graduate level in Shipping/Freight/Business Management
- Extensive Shipping and Transport experience
- Management & Leadership Skills - People Development Experience
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills – Telephone, email etiquette and face to face
- Excellent organisational skills at both a strategic & operational level
- Capability to work under pressure
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Create and sustain team morale - build enthusiasm
- Self-motivated & organised
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management Skills
Shift Patterns: Monday to Friday Main shift 9-5pm but expectation of this role is that from time to time it may be necessary to work outside of these hours as business needs dictate. Will require to be contactable outside of working hours on mobile/laptop.
As our Transport Manager you will be required to work 35 hours per week and in addition to your competitive salary you will receive 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays, Company Health Plan, Life Assurance, Group Pension, non-guaranteed bonus scheme.
Closing date: Midnight on the 6th December 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Transport Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.