Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: £32,000 + Pension
Contract Type: 6-month interim (initially)
Venatu recruitment group are currently working in partnership with our client to recruit an experienced Transport Manager. Working for a well-established manufacturer of quality products for industrial applications, you will be managing a thriving transport operation for the Exeter site.
- Managing associated outreach drivers as directed to achieve and deliver KPI’s
- Analysing the supply chain with a focus on continuous improvement
- Managing the collection of raw materials and the despatch of finished goods, assisting other transport areas in the business as required
- Liaising and communicating with customers, ensuring that any queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Planning an efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring that vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels are maintained
- Being compliant with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation
- Taking responsibility for the recruitment, management and development of drivers, transport office and garage personnel
- Ensuring the driving team operates in the correct manner, individuals are SAFED trained and complying with the transport Fleet board standards
- Maintaining driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage legislation
- Ensure the Exeter garage is compliant with all H&S and legislative maintenance requirements in conjunction with the garage supervisor
- Ensure the company standards with regards to vehicle and trailer cleanliness are met at all times and conducting compliance audits on allocated sites to the standards required by the GLM and GHSM
Transport Manager key skills:
- Hold a CPC with an excellent knowledge of current Transport Legislation
- Strong H&S awareness with an IOSH qualification
- Previous managerial experience within a fast-paced transport function (including FMCG)
- Experience of working within a multi-site organisation
- An approachable and effective People Manager
- Fully converse in all Microsoft solutions to a professional standard
- A team player who is also able to work under own initiative
- Highly focused on cost and budgetary controls
- Innovative approach, forward thinking, able to generate new opportunities for improvement
The successful Transport Manager will need to hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel as and when required.
Engineering and Manufacturing is a specialist division here at Venatu Recruitment Group. If you currently work in Transport / Logistics and are seeking a change in your career, please do get in touch, we would be happy to discuss the role with you in further detail.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.