Job Title – Transport Manager
Location – Bracknell
Salary – £35,000 - £40,000
Our client a reputable independent family owned business within waste management are looking for a Transport Manager to join their established team. As Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the Company remains fully compliant and legal in accordance with current legislation, plus controlling the daily operations of the vehicle workshops ensuring maximum uptime of vehicle availability.
As Transport Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
* Full responsibility for the Vehicle Workshop, with staff responsibility for the existing Workshop Manager and fitting staff.
* Provision of monthly reporting with focus on KPI including accident repair costs, vehicle availability, accident management and reduction, procurement strategy etc.
* Support the Workshop Manager with fleet operation including work scheduling, PPM vehicle maintenance and service, management work shop stock levels, legal compliance
* Ensure compliance with all drivers on monitoring Tacho and Tacho Master, Vehicle Licence checks and relevant CPC’s.
* Follow and adhere to Company’s Operating licence undertakings (OCRS score monitoring)
* Database Management & Insurance administrations including accidents and renewals
* Actively promote Health & Safety.
* Work closely with individual department managers to agree scope and requirement of new vehicle purchases and manage the asset disposals and new vehicle on-boarding processes.
* Advise the business on industry wide developments especially in relation to the operation of alternative fuels and reduction in emissions in line with legislation changes.
* Acquire and maintain FORS status.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate you will have previous substantial transport & fleet management experience in a multi-site environment. You will deliver excellent customer service and will have a proactive and positive approach to change. You will have a good knowledge and understanding of FORS and must have experience of managing a large versatile fleet of vehicles and equipment.
You will be a CPC holder and You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to work with others to find common ground and to persuade them to support your initiatives.
For further information please feel free to contact Lauren White on or call 02392222965
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.