Transport Manager – Exeter – Competitive Salary
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruitment of an experienced Transport Manager to be based in Exeter.
• Managing the transport operations for the site including associated outreach drivers as directed to achieve and deliver KPI’s.
• Analysing the market with a focus on improving and developing the company
• Managing the collections and dispatch of finished goods
• Communicating with customers, dealing efficiently and effectively with all queries
• To plan an efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring that vehicle utilization is maximised and service levels are maintained.
• To be compliant with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• Handling all recruitment and management and development of transport staff
• Ensuring the drivers operate in the correct manner, ensuring individuals are trained and comply with the transport Fleet board standards.
• Maintain driver records and drivers’ hours in line with EU Road Haulage legislation.
• Ensuring full compliance with all H&S and legislative maintenance requirements in conjunction with the garage supervisor.
• Ensure the company standards with regards to vehicle and trailer cleanliness are met at all times.
• Conducting compliance audits on allocated sites to the standards required
• Providing assistance and support to the audited sites to ensure compliance as directed
• CPC holder with an excellent knowledge of the latest Transport Legislation
• Strong H&S awareness with an IOSH qualification.
• Previous managerial experience within a fast-paced Transport Function (including FMCG).
• Experience of working within a multi-site organisation.
• An approachable and effective People Manager.
• Fully converse in all Microsoft solutions to a professional standard.
• A team player who is also able to work on own initiative.
• Highly focused on cost and budgetary controls.
• Innovative approach, forward thinking, able to generate new opportunities for improvement.
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel as and when required
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.