Role: Transport Manager
Salary: 40K - Dependant on Experience
A dynamic and rapidly expanding Waste Management and Recycling Services Supplier.
Purpose and Responsibilities
Our client is looking for an experienced Transport Manager to join their team based just outside of Ascot. The Transport Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Company remains fully legal and compliant in accordance with current legislation. Duties also include controlling day-to-day activities of the vehicle workshops as well as ensuring and reporting maximum uptime of vehicle availability. You will provide general and fleet management support to the businesses, and development and implement group transport related initiatives and projects.
- Ensuring all targets are met within deadlines, without compromising safety or quality.
- To work closely with the Commercial Department to ensure excellent customer care/service.
- Ensuring that all Company Policies are adhered to and communicating them to staff to ensure their understanding.
- Maintaining excellent people management skills to successfully manage the Transport Department.
- Liaising with other Department Managers as and when required.
- To ensure all required documentation is completed and processed as required by Company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate to team member's any business developments, procedures and company requirements.
- Ensure compliance and promoting the company health and safety culture at all times by understanding the company health and safety policy and ensuring that the arrangements detailed in it are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure operational and financial efficiency of Transport Department.
You'll also have:
- Good knowledge/understanding of FORS etc.
- IT literate
- Be proactive with a positive approach to delivering change, able to work with high levels of integrity and common sense.
- You will be highly analytical and be able to synthesise complex problems, carry out your own analysis using various different tools and be able to develop practical solutions.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to work with others to find common ground and to persuade them to support your initiatives.
- You will have people management experience, be a charismatic leader with a coaching style and able to help people maximise their potential.
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Transport Management: 3 years (Required)
- Waste Management Experience
- CPC Operator Licence: 1 year
About Ace Recruitment
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.