Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• To manage the transport operations for Exeter including associated outreach drivers as directed to achieve and deliver KPI’s.
• To analyse the supply chain with a focus on continuous improvement.
• To manage the collections of Raw Material and despatching of finished goods. Assist other transport areas within the business as required.
• Liaise and communicate with customers, ensuring that any queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
• Actively communicate the strategy of the company clearly to all personnel that you are responsible for and to ensure that realistic objectives and timeframes are met.
• Ensure a smooth and seamless running of the transport operations, which includes compliance of the vehicle wash and the Company’s collection services.
• To plan an efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring that vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels are maintained.
• To be compliant with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• To be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of drivers, transport office and garage personnel.
• Coordinate the team to ensure maximum logistical use of the transport staff, operators and owner drivers.
• CPC holder with an excellent knowledge of the latest Transport Legislation
• Strong H&S awareness with an IOSH qualification.
• Previous managerial experience within a fast-paced Transport Function (including FMCG).
• Experience of working within a multi-site organisation.
• An approachable and effective People Manager.
• Fully converse in all Microsoft solutions to a professional standard.
• A team player who is also able to work on own initiative.
• Highly focused on cost and budgetary controls.
Contact Louis Raven for more info (Apply online only) //
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.