Transport Manager - At Dews Coaches we provide a quality local, national and international coach travel service and we are looking to recruit a Transport Manager to join our professional team based from our offices in Somersham. This Transport Manager role is on a full-time, permanent basis. We are paying a competitive salary of £32,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
At Dews, our staff enjoy varied work and the opportunity to make a direct impact on the customer experience. Our coaches are smart, well maintained and our brand is known throughout the UK as representing the quality and values of the Guild of British Coach Operators and Coach Marque. Our employees tell us that they like the friendly atmosphere, the hours they work and that are able to get involved with pretty much everything. Our drivers come from a diverse background, some join with many years' experience, but we also train our own drivers and we are proud to have trained many through our own academy.
Key Responsibilities of the Transport Manager include:
- Planning of routes and schedules of drivers, coaches and buses with due consideration of the most economical method of scheduling to complete journeys
- Working with the General Manager to ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with UK and EU laws and regulations governing vehicle safety, environmental controls on fuel emissions and traffic congestion, driver hours and customs requirements
- Working with Contracts Tender and Compliance Lead to ensure all aspects of the businesses contractual obligations are met satisfactorily with legislation
- Ensuring paperwork for drivers and vehicles are correct and in place
- Become familiar with all vehicle specifications, facilities and seating capacities
- Provide information to support contractual obligations and external audit requirements
- Accurately maintain and input data to the company booking system, generate quotes and manage bookings
- Liaise with and work in partnership with the maintenance department to develop appropriate maintenance schedules for vehicles
- Liaise with drivers, customers, contracting parties and government officials as required
- Active involvement with recruitment of staff
- Managing staff holiday reservations
- General office duties
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of planning and scheduling in a transport & logistics environment
- Great communicator, able to influence others respectfully, collaboratively and with a sense of humour
- Your current knowledge will encompass the relevant UK and EU laws and regulations governing vehicle safety, environmental controls, drivers' hours and customer requirements
- CPC Operator's Licence or willingness to work towards achieving this within twelve months of appointment
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads of self and others
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and Company booking System
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours aligned to the Company Core Values - Friendly Customer Service, reliability, dependability, flexibility.
- Knowledge of the Coach Marque / Guild Standards
- European operational or driving experience
- PCV Qualification
Our ideal candidate will enjoy staying abreast of the latest legislation and value working in an environment that encourages continuous learning. We have a competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies please.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional Key Skills: Transport Manager, Fleet Manager, Transport Planner, Logistics Manager
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.