Salary: £35k to £45k per annum DOE
Sector: Transport & Logistics
Job Reference: LA813021
Our client is a leading third party logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company they work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through the supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges.
The Transport Manager will have site accountability for all areas on our new 2-man home delivery contract. Leading a team of Transport Coordinators, to deliver best in class home delivery services while ensuring an optimum and efficient cost base and legal compliance.
• Managing all transport activities including any agreed contractors for the site to ensure that all budgetary and financial KPIs, legislative, legal and procedural compliance, and contractual commitments are met;
• Assisting in leading and developing a culture of continuous improvement to drive best-in-class activity and operational excellence, in line with performance objectives;
• Building and actively managing the relationship with the customer;
• Ensuring all activities meet the standard for Safety, Health and the Environment (SHE), driving contribution to the safety culture;
• Managing performance of the team and being responsible for service delivery;
• National and International CPC holder;
• Experience in multi-drop (ideally 2 man home delivery) operations;
• Experience of managing a team, including discipline and grievance matters;
• Experience of managing in a transport environment and full knowledge of transport legislation;
• Numerate, with experience of delivering targets within budgetary constraints;
• Previous work experience in a 3PL or retail environment;
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Lisa at Adore Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.