Transport Manager required. Our client is a well-established removals business looking to expand the current work force by appointing an experienced Transport Manager to join the team. Our client is looking for a Hands on Manager with removals experience to effectively manage Operations across the UK and occasionally in the EU.
The Successful Transport Manager will be based in the Somerset site and would be required to manage maintenance planning, scheduling and compliance across the fleet.
Transport Manager Position Overview
* Manage vehicles and crew
* Allocating the correct amount of resources for each job and remaining within estimated cost.
* Manage all aspects of the fleet maintenance.
* Manage, schedule and confirm all shifts for the crew and notify them of their work schedule
* Maintain stock levels of packing materials and equipment needed for removals
* Regular communication with crews
* Oversee staff training and development
* Managing Compliance across the drivers and fleet vehicles including reading tachographs
Transport Manager Position Requirements
* Proven track record in a duty manager / transport manager role
* Proven experience of managing a team of drivers and controllers
* A good communicator, both written and verbal, decisive, problem solving and time management skills
* Background of success in meeting and exceeding targets
* An individual with a professional customer oriented focus
* Experience in the Removal Business is desirable
Transport Manager Position Remuneration
* Salary £28,000 - £35,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday - Friday, 45 hours per Week
* 28 days' holiday, including bank
* Pension and parking on site
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.