Pertemps Hull are currently recruiting for a Transport Manager to work in Kingston Upon Hull, your day to day duties will include:
- Overseeing the operational running of 35+ vehicles and 40 drivers
- Responsible for efficient route planning to comply with the weight constraints set by the company whilst maintaining the customer service levels
- Planning and maintaining the transport schedule to meet Company demands, accounting for any staff holidays, training and time critical events
- Implementing and overseeing procedures for safe driving in line with the Highway Code and the Company handbook. Ensuring all operations and drivers comply with transport legislation and Health & Safety
- Ensuring that the maintenance and service of Company vehicles is carried out as and when required, as well as ensuring that drivers report any vehicle defects when discovered and make arrangements for rectification work to be completed
- Fully briefing the Transport Team on the transport schedule and their individual workload. Managing and resolving any disputes
To be considered for this exciting Transport Manager role, you will need the following experience:
- Previous experience of managing a multi temperature fleet with preferable operational warehouse experience
- In-date CPC Qualification
- Previous experience of managing staff in a fast-paced, ever changing environment whilst ensuring the needs of both internal and external customers are met
- Proficient in IT (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent time management, efficient and organised with proven experience of crisis management and being able to work well collaboratively and individually.
One of the leading independent food wholesalers is looking for a Transport Manager to join a busy and friendly team to ensure that the business operates efficiently and effectively within the transport department.
Hours – Predominantly early shifts Monday to Friday with the possibility of some Saturday's, however flexibility for this role is key as the company operates on a 24/7 basis.
Salary – Dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in applying for this Transport Manager role, please click apply now below or contact Annie Wyatt in the Hull Office – (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.