The ReFood AD plants operate as integrated recycling units, processing a variety of food wastes to produce renewable energy, heat and ReGrow, a nutrient-rich fertiliser for local farms. The plants also recycle the food waste packaging. The plants provide an environmentally-sustainable solution for all waste producers looking for a safe method of diverting food waste from landfill.
The Position: Applications are invited for a Transport Manager to work at our ReFood Dagenham site. This is a full time, permanent position.
As a Transport Manager your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• Managing c.45 employees/drivers to achieve daily collections and deliver KPI’s.
• Managing the raw material supply chain – co-ordinating supplies with customers and internal personnel.
• Ensuring the efficient running of the Company’s collection services.
• Planning efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels maintained.
• Ensuring compliance with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• Recruitment, management and development of drivers.
• Maintaining driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage Legislation.
• Preparing vehicle KPI’s in line with ReFood requirements.
• Managing site compliance and general administrative duties.
• Good formal education.
• Transport operations qualifications (CPC National/International or equivalent).
• Previous experience in managing transport/supply chain operations.
• Knowledge of the food waste recycling services.
• Strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to balance conflicting demands.
• Good knowledge of transport regulations.
• Ability to work under pressure in an ever changing environment.
• Good IT skills, including MS Word and Excel.
• Committed, reliable and flexible team player.
• Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Full UK Driving License.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this Transport Manager role.
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.