Transport Manager – Lancaster - £40000
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruitment of an experienced Transport Manager to support a growing team based in Lancaster.
Key Responsibilities of a Transport Manager:
• Managing a team of drivers in their day to day roles, organising rotas to ensure all routes are covered in a cost effective and efficient manner.
• Be first point of contact for any problems that might arise
• Develop customer relationships, dealing with queries and complaints calmly and decisively
• Be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure Company compliance
• Undertake regular driving licence checks as a legal requirement and in line with internal processes.
• Allocate and record resources and movements on the transport planning system
• Investigating and interviewing post incident and / or accident reports
• Possess knowledge and understanding of budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls
• Implement transport strategies
• All aspects of the health, safety and welfare of drivers incl.
• Ensure cost effective planning maximising commercial return
• Support the Driver Trainer and Compliance / Health and Safety Manager
• To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required
Ideal Candidate for the Transport Manager Role:
• CPC / ISOH or NEBOSH
• Strong leadership skills / previous experience managing a large transport team
• Must have expert communication skills
• A ‘Hands On’ attitude with previous experience of managing a transport operation.
• Must be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
• Experience of coaching individuals to improve performance
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.