Transport Manager required for a well-established FMCG Logistics provider. Due to the on-going success and profitable business wins this client is seeking a hands on Transport Manager to join a dynamic and growing team.
As the Transport Manager you will be expected to support the site GM in the efficient running and day to day operations of the site, you will be responsible for managing all day to day operational aspects of the Transport Operation. This will include the human resources management, Routing, Scheduling, keeping up to date with transport legislation, compliance and operational planning.
Transport Manager - Position Overview
* You will be responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, both in terms of service and the trunking operation as well meeting the budgetary and financial goals of the site.
* By proactively motivating the team you will provide guidance and encouragement to ensure that they achieve planned targets and deadlines.
* You will play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures;
* Your responsibilities include the effective management of a team of drivers, shunters, and transport team managers to achieve the highest standards of productivity.
* You will be responsible for legislative compliance for all driver related Health & Safety issues, equipment management and tachograph management.
* Ensure you meet assigned KPI's.
Transport Manager –Position Requirements
* Should have successful practical experience of management work within a transport operation.
* Will hold a National / International Freight CPC.
* PC literate.
* Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with Customer's.
* Excellent organisational skills and be able to demonstrate a commitment to delivering consistent quality in a time-constrained operation.
* Have sound analytical skills and apply logic in a fast moving environment.
* Exhibit a high degree of flexibility and be able to work as part of a team.
* Be a proven motivator of staff, and be able to develop a team, ensuring that they are well informed, motivated and managed effectively to achieve personal goals as well as operational KPI's.
* Be both Customer and Company focused with a proactive approach, as well as being able to handle & implement new procedures.
Senior Manager – Transport Position Remuneration
* Salary £35,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday
* 30 days’ holiday, including bank
* Pension Scheme & Private Healthcare after probation.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.