Are you an experienced Transport Manager? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Transport Manager and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Transport Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Company Car
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Employee reward scheme, including discounts to a variety of shops and service providers
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Transport Manager, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar fast paced environment. You will also:
- Be CPC qualified
- Have a track record of managing safety and compliance
- Experience of incident investigation and customer liaison
- Experienced at dealing with drivers and hauliers
- Be comfortable and competent at producing and managing KPI's and analysing data
- Able to manage subcontractors to agreed contractual terms
- Ideally experience of managing contract hauliers/franchisees
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our Senior logistics and supply chain manager, the successful Transport Manager, will be responsible for the safety, availability and performance of the delivery fleet
You will also take responsibility for:
- Managing subcontractors and lead hauliers to contractual terms
- Managing and liaising with contract hauliers (franchisees)
- Working closely with the plant teams to maximise haulage compliance and availability
- Investigating and actioning any safety related concerns
- Driving safety performance and innovation
- Reviewing and maintaining vehicle specifications
- Conducting fleet audits including FORS audits
Tarmac is the UK's leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Transport Manager!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.