PJC Plant Services have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join their growing team based in Leicester.
Job Title: Transport Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits
We have been established in the Leicester area for over 27 years and provide medium and small plant hire and consumable sales to over 300 customers. We have a well-respected reputation throughout the Midlands for reliability, service, and extensive knowledge and can also offer Health and Safety advice to our clients from our two in house chartered Health, Safety and Environmental professionals.
As our Transport Manager, you will ensure that deliveries and collections are carried out via transport to customer requirements. Close liaisons with the other departments and manage the plant situations at all times in line with company H&S&E procedures.
You will make sure the drivers deliver the correct equipment on time and check that the paperwork process is accurate and adhered to at all time. You will also ensure that all vehicles and staff conform to company compliance of transport policies, legislation and procedures in line with National CPC.
Transport Manager - Key Responsibilities:
- Liaising directly with the Managing Director
- Ensure the right equipment gets to the right place at the right time
- To ensure documents are available and completed and are with the plant and paperwork going out
- Answer telephone calls and take orders/enquiries to help the running of the hire department
- Manage and control any external transport/cross hire haulage, if required
- To oversee all dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery vehicles
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers
- Involved in strategic development and strategy making
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers
- Making sure that all vehicles are properly maintained and serviced
- Arrange all relevant training for new and existing driver when needed
- Maintaining accurate administrative records
- Organise and record vehicle checks
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
- Comply with the groups health & safety policy
- Report any health, safety or environmental discrepancies to the Managing Director
Transport Manager - You:
- Able to manage effectively the high volume service driven transport operation
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance, fleet controls and up to date policies
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality & Service
- Full understanding of transport operational systems
- Should hold National CPC certificate
- Should have a Dangerous Goods Awareness Course
To submit your CV for this exciting Transport Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.