£32,000 - £35,000 DOE
I am currently looking for an experienced Transport Manager to support the daily Transport function of a builders merchants. You will be reporting into the Managing Director. Previous experience of dealing with building materials is an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing all vehicle routes on a day to day basis.
• Working with drivers and yard operative to ensure a smooth, efficient and H&S aware operation when loading, unloading and preparing vehicles.
• Managing all reporting and recording from the aspect of transport and vehicles, this will include all on-site machinery. To be reported to the Director of the company.
• Working with the sales staff to be able to give up to date feedback and time schedules for customer deliveries.
• Organising all repairs, damages, inspections and MOT’s for all vehicles and plant.
• Keeping all sites to a high standard of H&S
• Keeping a log for all vehicle costs and maintaining a low running cost without losing a high level of service.
• Daily routing for all vehicles
• Routing and arranging vehicles with loads efficiently and quickly for customers
• Routing all collections from customers and suppliers
• Providing feedback to sales and yard staff.
• Keeping the daily vehicle delivery sheets up to date
• Talking to customers about their deliveries for updates or error corrections.
• Ensuring all loads going out are stacked safely and efficiently. Also ensuring they are secured correctly using the correct straps.
• Making sure all good that are delivered are in pristine condition to be used by the customer. Also ensuring all customer returns are dealt with correctly.
• Making sure all drivers are back in good time from all deliveries and dealing with any problems as fast as possible.
• Keeping track of all vehicles while out on the road making sure drivers are using the most economical route.
• Making sure all drivers have all the correct information to perform their deliveries.
• Working with the Yard Manager to ensure all lorries are loaded efficiently and correctly.
• Must have an Operators CPC Licence
• Must have a current HGV Licence
Please contact Louis at Search for more info. // (phone number removed)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.