On a permanent days contract based in a busy transport office, you will be responsible for 100 Class 1 vehicles, Transport Shift Manager and Transport Administrators, ensuring that the transport operation is compliant and efficient.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary of £50,000- 60,000, company car, childcare vouchers and chances for progression. Our client is a major temperature controlled distributor, servicing a shared user network of blue chip supermarket clients efficiently. Working for a leading player in food distribution, you’ll be encouraged to take P&L and operational ownership and drive forward improvements, offering savings to the customer.
Who is our client? They deliver over 500 million pounds worth of temperature controlled products and work closely with customers businesses and requirements to provide industry leading service levels, high specification equipment. They do this through skilled professional staff, who enjoy great training, internal promotion and an inclusive culture.
What are they looking for? An experienced, ambitious transport manager with O-license experience. You must be immediately available as this is an urgent requirement.
Reporting to the General Manager, your duties will include:
* Delivering the daily operating plan according to target cost and SLAs, to a network of RDCs and retail points
* Overall O-license holder for the site, ensuring that the site meets Transport Operating License guidelines
* Understanding the wider market place trends and using that insight to innovate the site and improve current operating practices
* Constantly monitoring the Transport Operation P&L and seeking ways to achieve maximum productivity whilst ensuring a compliant site
* Demonstrating commercial rigour to customers and improving KPI’s, costs and processes to which provide win-win solutions for the site and the customer
* Adeptly use TMS, such as Microlise and Manpac, to provide useful financial information
* Leading by example and coach team members with PDPs, succession plans and regular feedback
* Involving yourself in HR processes such as disciplinaries and grievances
* Performance managing your direct reports through development plans, 1-2-1s and regular reviews
* Challenging current processes on site and new initiatives to deliver significant cost savings
* Willingness to be flexible according to business needs
Requirements for the Transport Manager role:
* CPC International is strongly desired
* Experience as being the O-license holder for a site
* Previous experience of managing over 50 vehicles
* The ability to balance the needs of multiple blue chip users at once
* FMCG Transport network experience, ideally with exposure to retail delivery
* Exposure to temperature controlled distribution
* Competitive salary of £50,000 – 60,000 per annum
* Company car
* Childcare vouchers
* Pension scheme
* On-line discounts on great products
* The chance to get ahead and work for the leading temperature controlled distributor
* Opportunities to work with a prestige client base
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.