Transport Planning Manager required. Our client is well-established logistics provider. Following a period of sustained success and profitable business wins, this highly regarded firm is seeking to appoint an experienced Transport Planning Manager for its highly dynamic team in Bridgwater.
The current team requires an ambitious and motivated individual with experience in Scrutinise plans before it is put into action. You will be required to oversee and assist with the effective planning of vehicle routes and load configurations via the use of routing software and manually planning tools.
Transport Manager Position Overview
* Monitor performance, drive improvement and resolve challenges and issues as they arise.
* Deliver customer expectation within service level agreements and continuously improve customer service levels
* Drive Logistics policy and procedure to motivate, lead and develop staff to achieve objectives
* Review all Key Performance Indicators, with regards to miles, drops, postcodes, costs then take prompt and appropriate action to correct any shortfalls in those areas.
* Reduction in vehicle damage and improved driver productivity inclusive of scheduled worked and driver performance.
* Allocate tasks and workload efficiently across the team to obtain the best overall outcome.
* Deal with crisis calmly and efficiently.
* Exhibit a high level of engagement with drivers at all times.
Transport Manager Position Requirements
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Transport Manager role.
* A proven track record of supervising a logistics operation successfully
* Ability to influence a team of drivers
* Commercially focused and results driven
* Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
* Full UK Driving Licence
Transport Manager Position Remuneration
* Salary £32,000 - £36,000 (dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
* 28 days’ holiday, including bank
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.