Transport Manager jobs role / Transport Supervisor jobs Devon. 13% Final Salary Pension, 25 days holiday, bonus, private medical.
10 lorries / HGVs. This Transport manager role is NOT with a massive logistics company, it’s working with fast paced engineering manufacturing business who have 10 lorries / trucks / HGVs and they are transporting quite large pieces of steel. It’s a 900 headcount business overall but 40 at this site so you will be dealing with customers, planning logistics, managing the legal side of the fleet / tachograph / o license etc.
If you are looking for transport jobs in Exeter / transport manager jobs in Devon / Exeter then please get in touch.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
* The company turn-over £70m approx. – with 900+ staff across their 14 sites
* Whilst they are quite a big company – they have a family feel and their values are humility, responsibility, integrity & honesty
* 13% pension. Private health. Paid overtime. Excellent bonus which has been consistent over the past 15 years. This job offers amazing stability – they are unaffected by Brexit and are highly profitable and stable. If you are loyal and want an employer that can match that loyalty, this is the company for you!
The job will involve:
* Manage the transport function for the site
* There are 10 lorries operating out of this site. Because it’s moving large bits of steel this is lorry / truck rather than lots of light commercial vehicles
* You will manage the legal side of transport – making sure legal compliance is ensured (o licence etc.)
* It’s a busy role. You will need to be well organised
* You will manage the drivers both in terms of schedule and also completing their performance management reviews.
* You will be dealing with customers on a daily basis. You will need to be really professional – Wedge are a multi-site large company and expect a high level of customer care and professional. However also worth noting that some of the customers can be challenging so you need to be able to be resilient and have that strength of character
This job will suit:
* A Transport Manager / Transport Supervisor within commutable distance to Crediton Devon
* Alternatively a Transport Planner looking for the chance to step up into a Transport manager jobs role
* Someone who values loyalty and wants to work for a friendly, highly stable business in a diverse role.
Reference: DC-EPR(phone number removed)-CV
This Transport Manager jobs role is commutable from Exeter, Crediton, Okehampton, Teignmouth, Tiverton, Chumleigh, Witheridge, Chagford, Newton Abbot
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.