My client, a small independent Transport Company based in Tewkesbury is looking to recruit a Transport Manager to support the day-to-day operational side of the business but also take the lead in exploring new opportunities for the business moving forward.
As a suitable candidate you will have a good understanding of the UK Road Transport Industry, take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure customers receive a first class service in a cost effective way.
The main duties of the role include;
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- prioritising workload, route planning, driver de-brief's
- strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- a good understanding of transport regulations
- good geographical knowledge
- booking agency drivers as and when required
- proactively look at new business opportunities to help drive the business forward
- making contact with potential new clients by phone, email, etc.
As a suitable candidate you will offer the following;
- strong communication skills both written and oral
- good computer skills
- "can-do" attitude who is proactive at all times
- Good understanding of Business Development
- appreciation of working in a smaller office environment
The role is Mon-Fri with standard office hours and the salary on offer is between £25-£30,000, dependent on relevant and suitable experience
transport manager, traffic manager, transport planner, business development
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.