Our client in Mansfield require a Transport Manager for an initial 12 month contract.
• To ensure the safe operation of the site and work with other managers and supervisors to ensure that the facility operates effectively.
• To lead on working with services to support compliance with operator’s licence conditions and to report to Assistant Director/CLT/CEO any areas of non-compliance
• To lead on transport strategy development ensuring the authority is appraised on any future changes in national policy that impact the cost or ability to deliver the service.
• To ensure Health & Safety Policy, its arrangements and procedures are implemented.
• Manage and / or use resources in ways that ensure value for money.
• Ensure at all times all Health & Safety legislation requirements are met
• Significant experience in managing a transport and workshop function
• Significant experience in leading teams
• Experience in carrying out thorough investigations and preparation of investigation reports with sound recommendations
• Experience in procurement of high value goods and services, including developing specification and scoring tenders
• Significant experience in budget management
• CPC (National)
• Degree or professional qualification in fleet management
• ILM 5 Leadership and Management or equivalent
• Membership of a professional institute relating to fleet management
• Driving Licence (minimum Class B) required
• The post involves driving and so the post holder will be required to undertake relevant DVLA licence checks
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.