Transport Manager 3 Month FTC - Glasgow-Salary Competitive
We’re looking to speak to candidates who have significant experience of managing a Transport and Compliance function within a Logistics or Distribution business. Please note that this role is for an initial period of 3 months.
Are you who we’re looking for?
* Strong Experience of working within a Logistics or distribution business. (Preferably FMCG)
* You should hold a current CPC Qualification
* Ability to work in a process driven environment with the ability to work to tight time frames.
* Proven experience managing and leading a team to successfully deliver results
* The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a dedicated team
* You must be able to delegate and have strong influencing skills
What does the day to day look like?
* To ensure transport compliance for all vehicles in the depot
* Ensure enough driver resource is available to carry out daily delivery routes and if required arrange cover
* Ensure discipline and management of drivers and vehicles
* Ensure security of Company stock, equipment, cash and property at all times.
* Ensure full compliance with company, H&S and HR policies and procedures.
* Support shift managers in ensuring team members are maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
* Continuous communication with depot management team, other depots, senior management and all warehouse / distribution personnel.
Get in touch with Danielle Scott at HRC Recruitment or click the apply button below to send in your CV.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.