Forde Recruitment is currently looking for a Transport Manager to join our client’s family run business as they undertake a period of growth over the next 5 years. The successful candidate will be responsible for working within two companies within the business; one being the recovery of waste wood/pallets and the delivery of recycled/new pallets to a wide-ranging customer base; the second sells wood base products to both commercial & consumers using 3rd party hauliers.
The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team, aiming for the highest standards of customer service whilst supporting the strategic direction of the wider business. Showing initiative and logical approach to challenging situations that may arise is vital to success within the role.
Working full time (47 Hours per week) the role requires the following;
* Responsible for 6 x direct reports.
* Be responsible for all regulatory requirements for the safe & efficient running all the company vehicles.
* Implementing a robust budget and costing reports for directors on a monthly basis.
* Run a planned, structured approach to the maintenance of the fleet.
* Effective and efficient vehicle planning schedules of all vehicles using a fleet management tool eliminating any idle time to improve customer service levels.
* Manage driver hire/induction and training programs ensuring all legal requirements are met.
* Manage all absence & performance issues on a daily basis.
* Attend daily Ops meetings.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Must have a Transport National CPC certification.
* Knowledge & experience of planning driver's working hours and working time regulations.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experienced people manager with a track record of developing successful teams.
* Previous experience of using a Tom Tom/Navigation planning system.
* Excellent Excel skills to create monthly reports and to be able to analyse data and establish discrepancies.
* Must have excellent communications, setting examples to their team to show respect to all levels both internal & externally.
* Ability to be able to respond to varied needs of customers in a calm and structured manner at all times.
* To be able to consistently review the requirements of the business and present findings & create proposals to aid future growth.
In return you can expect benefits such as;
* Health scheme
* Death in Service - 2 x Salary.
* 22 Days holiday per year.
* Use of company vehicle.
If this role sounds ideal for you please apply online today
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.