We are recruiting for a Transport Manager on behalf of our Client in Thurrock, with a large and diverse customer base.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Transport Planner will manage circa 10 to 15 HGV drivers and a dedicated Transport Admin team and planners.
The role of the Transport Manager will be to effectively ensure administrative duties surrounding the Fleet Maintenance function are carried out accurately, in a timely fashion and reports required to ensure Fleet and Operator Licence compliance requirements are met.
The Role Will Involve:
- Responsible for a team of remote HGV Drivers as direct reports and their associated day to day operations and welfare.
- Responsible for a team of Transport Planners and Administrators and their associated day to day operations and welfare.
- Ensure the Transport Team input all purchase orders accurately and promptly raised and are coded correctly.
- Ensure fines/penalties are paid promptly and correct administrative procedures are undertaken to ensure legal and internal procedural compliance.
- Receive and onwardly communicate vehicle breakdown notifications to ensure minimum vehicle downtime is achieved
- Liaise with Depots and Central Control functions regarding vehicle availability, anticipated vehicle downtime and driver compliance.
- Ensure tachograph downloads are undertaken and any driver infringements are communicated and reported upon in a timely fashion.
- Compile reports on driver performance, vehicle performance, fuel and maintenance costs periodically using information gathered and stored.
- Store all applicable vehicle/maintenance and driver records in ‘paperless’.
- Assist in the compilation of management reports and presentations.
- Liaise with 3rd party repairers and agencies.
- Previous experience in Fleet Management.
- Functional knowledge of the haulage industry.
- Have a strong understanding of the UK roads network.
- Have a good understanding of the Tachograph system and legal requirements.
- A good understanding and knowledge of vehicle maintenance processes and 3rd party supplier relationships.
- A good level of skill in Microsoft Office products, I.T systems in general.
- Clear & effective communicator and able to manage remote teams
- Ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Ability to welcome and embrace change
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 Depending on Experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.