Transport Manager required for a highly successful National Plant Hire company based at their depot in Harlow, Essex.
Our client specialises in the hire of plant, small tools and general equipment and as such someone from a hire background would be preferable although not essential.
This role demands a dedicated, motivated and proactive person to manage their fleet of 13 vehicles as well as ad hoc hire vehicles to meet demand. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, good leadership qualities - whilst being able to work as a team and have a keen eye for detail.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
* Distributing orders in a logistically sound, cost efficient and resourceful manner
* Liaising with 3rd party transport companies to ensure customer needs are met at all times
* Ensuring all drivers are compliant with tachograph and all legal regulations
* Successfully managing the fleet’s fuel efficiency
* Ensuring all drivers have a current Driver CPC and are updated on the latest Health and Safety requirements
* Managing and overseeing the fleet’s servicing records and road tax requirements
* Ensuring drivers’ daily vehicle checks are completed, defects reported and dealt with promptly
* Maintaining the company's compliance and membership of FORS;
The successful applicant must have:
* A minimum of 2 years previous Transport Management experience
* Excel, Word and Outlook skills
The salary for this position is between £27,000 to £28,000, with the potential for more dependent upon experience
* Pension scheme
* Company benefits
* Generous holiday entitlement
For further information on this role please apply online and we’ll be in touch soon thereafter
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.