The NX Group is a privately-owned company and leading national pallet distribution and warehouse solution.
(url removed) ((url removed))
**Based at Parklands, Dirft East, Crick, Northants, NN6 7EA**
**Monday to Friday 12:00noon 20:00 hours**
**Salary £30,000 per annum**
**40 hours per week**
**25 days holiday + bank holidays**
**Free car parking**
**Autoenrollment into Scottish Widows pension scheme**
**Your Rewards benefits scheme where employees can take advantage of offers such as discounted theme park entry, gym membership and eyecare, insurance, personal finance, breakdown cover and car hire, shopping gift cards, flowers, deals on holidays, hotel and airport parking etc.**
**Paycare discounted healthcare benefit plan (optional)**
Due to continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join The NX Group.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager this key role is responsible for ensuring that The NX Group are operating legally and within the requirements of our Operators License and the rules and regulations set out by The Department of Transport which is regulated by DVSA (Driver Vehicle and Services Agency). This includes managing budgets, ensuring that vehicles are roadworthy, safe and meet legal requirements, maintaining FORS accreditation and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties and comply with traffic and drivers hours rules.
You should have significant experience of transport and fleet management in a fast-paced multi-drop transport environment with a proven track record of successfully leading a logistics operation across at least two locations.
**Qualifications required **
* Hold a current Transport Manager's CPC in road haulage (National or International)
* Have been a designated Transport Manager for a Company's Operator Licence
**Skills and Experience**
* Thorough knowledge of all regulatory requirements regarding Operator Licences and Fleet management activities in general as well as transport law i.e. EU drivers' hours and WTD, and how UK Fleet and transport legislation is developed and implemented.
* Strong IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, Transport Management Systems (ideally Road Runner, Falcon, TachoMaster and Drivecam powered by Lytx) with experience of managing and maintaining vehicle and driver data via a Transport Management System.
* A proven leader with the ability to lead and influence a team as well as partners and other stakeholders and passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
* Strong communication skills.
* Commercially focused and results/solutions driven.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
* Experience of managing budgets.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Resilient and a confident decision maker.
* Cost and service focused.
* Focus on compliance to procedure.
* Ideally have a working relationship with the FTA and FORS organisations.
* Experience of managing and delivering rapid change.
* Experience of monitoring and managing multiple KPI's including business and operational measures i.e. fleet/workforce costs, efficiency.
* Proven ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and team.
Due to the nature of our business you will be required to complete a standard DBS form that will provide us with information on any criminal convictions.
**(url removed) ((url removed))**
**No recruitment agencies please
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.