Up to c£42,000 + company car/bonus
Reporting to the site General Manager, and leading a small transport team, you will manage all transport operations at busy distribution site. You’ll manage day to day transport requirements across own fleet management and sub-contracted operations. You’ll be responsible for delivering demanding P&L targets and will be accountable for maintaining and improving on operational KPIs.
You’ll have previous experience of successfully managing transport operations and will be a natural leader, able to inspire and motivate your team to deliver a fully compliant and best-in-class distribution operation. You’ll also need:
* CPC National/International qualification
* Exceptional management and leadership qualities in order to motivate, inspire and develop your teams
* Commercial skills and some previous experience of controlling finances within a transport operation
* Sound knowledge of legislation surrounding road transport operations
* Strong knowledge of H&S management and compliance
* Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale.
* Flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
* Ability to communicate well at all levels within the business.
* Very PC Literate - Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience of TMS systems.
The successful candidate will enjoy a positive and dynamic working environment, together with real opportunities to progress your career in this ambitious business.
MVP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics and Distribution professionals for over 30 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
MVP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to MVP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the MVP website, or it can be provided upon request
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.