Transport Manager Ref: HB/ 479100477
Remuneration: Up to £33,600 including shift allowance.
The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Manager for a market leading 3PL Company working on their busy site in Colnbrook.
The salary on offer is £31,000 basic + circa £2,600 shift allowance and company benefits.
The working hours are 14.00 – 23.00 Sunday to Thursday.
A large 3PL provider working within a dedicated Distribution Centre.
As Transport Manager you be accountable for the day to day running of the transport operation to ensure optimal cost and service levels are achieved, with goods arriving on time in full.
As Transport Manager you will ensure the fleet and operation complies with all relevant transport legislation.
• Organise the team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and that the transport operation achieves targets within budget
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Drive staff engagement utilising, team briefs and one to one's with a view to deliver continuous improvements
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant transport legislation and runs safely.
To apply of the positions of Transport Manager you must have several years experience in a similar level role.
• National and International CPC is a must.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Excellent people management, engaging and empowering staff
• Track record of delivering positive change management.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary circa £33,600 (dependant on experience) and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in Colnbrook
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at (url removed) for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.