IMH Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Transport Manager to work alongside the Transport Manager.
Our client is an established business with several well-known brands under the wider group, they have been around now for over 100 years.
As Transport Manager you will oversee and liaise with colleagues to ensure stock is maintained and moved efficiently. As Transport Manager the key task is to organise the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are fulfilled correctly.
Other responsibilities of the Transport Manager are:
* Organising drives, vehicles, loads and journeys
* Operating IT Systems
* Negotiating and agreeing contracts
* Developing and confirming schedules
* Planning for and negotiating technical difficulties
* Preparing paperwork for regulatory bodies
* Liaising with and managing staff and shifts
* Monitoring stock
* Ensuring health and safety standards are met
The hours of the role are normally between 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday and Saturday Mornings.
The Salary on the role is 30’000 – 35’000 per annum.
Please forward over a cv and covering letter to be considered for position
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.